We Miss You!
We miss seeing all our students' smiling faces! Teachers are reaching out via Remind and other virtual tools, but in the meantime, here is some information that families should know in regards to the closure:
We are here when you need us
Teachers and school staff will remain in contact with students and families but please don't wait to hear from us if you need something. Here's how we can be reached:
Meals for Children
Scottsbluff Public Schools will be making changes to the meal distribution schedule and locations effective, Wednesday April 8. This decision is driven by the increased statewide health directives intended to help safeguard families, staff and community.
Wednesday, 4/8/20 - NO PICKUP AT ROOSEVELT
Beginning Thursday, 4/9/20 all pickups move to Bluffs Middle School from 3-6 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays
Families picking up meals at Bluffs Middle School should enter the Bearcat Stadium Parking lot at the entrance nearest to CHOICES
Meals will need to be taken from the tables at the BMS West Entrance, they will not be delivered to your car. Please ensure proper social distancing when taking your meals.
To help shorten the line during pickups, we will ask that families (if their schedules allow) pick up in time slots based on their last name. If your last name begins with the letters A-H please pick up between 3-4pm, I-P between 4-5pm, and Q-Z between 5-6pm.
Instruction and E-Learning
Students in grades 6-12 will have content available in Google Classroom beginning Friday, March 27th. Information on elementary e-learning content will be provided to parents via Remind. As of Monday, March 23 the District is indefinitely suspending all copying operations as we feel that the risk involved in providing copied materials to families is too great at this time. SBPS will continue to evaluate and make changes to operations as circumstances warrant.
If you are looking for additional educational resources for your child, here are some recommended free resources:
Common Sense Media has a wide variety of resources with information on appropriate age levels. These resources are either completely free or full of quality free content for kids to explore.
Scholastic Learn at Home has a variety of daily lessons for all grade levels.
Parents this document from the Nebraska Department of Education gives families resources for creating daily schedules and routines for children of all ages
Stay Safe Online!
Internet Access for Families
ALLO Communications has given us some additional details regarding their FREE service for families. Please help us spread the word!
- 50 megabyte service is free
- No contracts or costs
- Available to students and families without internet (as well as SBPS staff)
- It will take approximately one week for installation but it could be faster
- Allo is also working to improve speed and connectivity with SBPS Chromebooks
- Interested families should call ALLO at 633-5100 for English or 1-800-982-5307 para Español.
- Allo will "take this 60 days at a time" and review the situation to determine if this offer will be extended
- Families who do not have home internet access should request this special service immediately in order to preserve communications between school and home
THANK YOU to ALLO Communications for providing this to our families
Spectrum is also offering free access call 844-488-8395
Bear Cub Preschool
Here is some information specifically for families with students at Bear Cub Preschool both at the East Stadium and Roosevelt locations:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - our teachers will be calling all parents and have conferences next week. Student Services Staff is also working to make sure we are meeting the needs of our Identified students.
- Bear Cub Preschool will use Remind, School Vine and our website for communication
- Resources for educational activities for preschool children will be provided to parents via Remind and the Bear Cub Preschool website starting Friday, March 20. This information will be available in packets for families at meal pickup locations next week
- The Bear Cub Preschool Staff will work together to create more learning opportunities for our Bear Cub Families over the coming weeks.
- Don't forget Bear Cub families are eligible for meal pickup! You can pick up at the time convenient for you. Stadium families pick up at BMS and Roosevelt families pick up at Roosevelt.