7th Grade Arctic Cat Math Resources
We have adopted the Illustrative Mathematics curriculum at Bluffs Middle School. I am excited to be implementing this new curriculum that makes math more relatable to everyday life. The learning taking place in my classroom will be cooperative, where students will be actively engaged in mathematics conversation. It is a constructivist base model, that allows the students to be introduced to a real-world problem first, and develop the algorithms themselves through problem-solving and logical reasoning.
To access the student book you can check out this website:
To access the parent materials that include examples of work problems check out this website:
Unit 2 Lesson Summaries
Homework / Assignments
- All assignments will be given through Google Classroom with the exception of tests and quizzes.
- Students are required to turn in an assignment the day after it is issued. If the student does not turn in the assignment the next day, there will be a 30% deduction of all awarded points when the assignment is turned in. This policy will start October 1st. I give the students a longer grace period in August and September to get used to the technology.
- After 2 weeks of an assignment being open in Google Classroom, I will close the assignment. Any missing work after two weeks will turn into a 0% in the gradebook. I do not reopen assignments after two weeks.
- If you would like to get notifications through Google Classroom, I can sign your email up as a guardian email on your student's account. Through guardian on Google Classroom you can see if your student has assignments, or missing work. If you would like to be added as a guardian please email me at email@example.com with your child's name and the preferred email address.
Tests / Quizzes
- Students will be given at least a 1 week advance notice on all tests and most quizzes.
- Tests and Quizzes may be redone if the student so chooses by making an appointment with Mrs. Harman before or after school to redo.
- I send out remind alerts to parents 1-3 days in advance before a test or quiz. If you haven't signed up for remind, and you would like to, the information is below.
To recieve updates about tests, quizzes, and upcoming events; text the code below to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting the code to (516) 806-6072.
- First Period Code: @7harman1
- Second Period Code: @7harman2
- Sixth Period Code: @7harman6
- Seventh Period Code: @7harman7
- Eighth Period Code: @7harman8