Addendum - CHOICES Graduation Requirements
CHOICES Career Academy Graduation Requirements
CHOICES is a specialized program in itself. Students attending CHOICES will satisfactorily complete a career and college readiness program that will be in replacement of the 70 Career Academy credit hour requirements. CHOICES students must still complete 270 credit hours for the Class of 2019 and beyond for graduation. Students who return to the main campus will not be penalized by attending CHOICES and their counselor will complete a credit evaluation.
To meet the CHOICES graduation expectations that replace the 70 Career Academy credit hours, CHOICES students will have to meet the following requirements to obtain a Scottsbluff High School diploma.
· The student must successfully complete at least 30 hours of documented volunteer service.
· The student must successfully complete at least two documented job shadows.
· The student must successfully complete a 60 hour documented internship.
· The student must successfully complete a college course for a minimum of 3 college credits. (Transcript must be provided to verify grade and completion.)
· The student must successfully complete 5 credits of CREW for each year enrolled in CHOICES.
· The student must successfully complete 5 credits of Career Development for each semester enrolled in CHOICES, which includes attending the Intensive, college visits, and other trips.
· A graduating senior must participate in the Senior Celebration, including a Presentation of Learning. Underclassmen are expected to attend the Senior Celebration and provide assistance each year of enrollment in CHOICES.
In addition to these requirements, CHOICES requires students score a minimum grade of a 70% on all class assessments to receive full credit for a CHOICES’ course. (Re-taking of assessments will be facilitated by each teacher.)