Impact the World by Constructing the Future!
Would you like the opportunity to build, create, and design the future? Are you a person that likes working with your hands? Do you like to solve complex problems? Are you an innovative thinker wanting to design technology for the future? If any of these characteristics sound like they match your interests, then the Skilled and Technical Sciences Academy might be for you.
Students in the Skilled and Technical Sciences Academy will have the opportunity to design, create, repair and build in a hands on, project based setting. Students will use math, science, and technical reading skills, consistent with current industry and trade standards. Students will have the opportunity to work with industry professionals in order to learn real world applications and gain necessary certifications for the current job market.
Student Experiences and Projects
Students in this academy will have the opportunity to participate in student driven projects focused on leadership, design, creation, and teamwork. Students will have the opportunity to participate in community service events, service learning projects, SkillsUSA competitions, internships, apprenticeships, industry tours, and business and industry collaborative projects. Students will learn in conditions similar to their chosen career field.
RELATED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AT WNCC:
- Associates of Arts
Welding Technology, Auto Body Technology, Automotive Technology, Power Line Construction & Maintenance, Manufacturing & Construction, Pre Engineering
- Associates of Science
- Associates of Occupational Studies
ESTIMATED DUAL CREDIT COSTS:
- No cost for dual credit classes taught at SHS by an SHS instructor
- Dual credit classes taught at WNCC or at SHS by a WNCC instructor...
- If school required as part of a Career Academy = no cost
- If not school required = half of normal credit hour tuition
- Textbooks will be issued by SBPS for all dual credit classes and will remain property of SBPS
OTHER COLLEGES OR POST-SECONDARY OPTIONS:
- Chadron State College
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Nebraska Community Colleges
- South Dakota School of Mines
- Colorado School of Mines
CAREER BASED CERTIFICATIONS:
Welding, OSHA, Auto Body Technology, Automotive Technology, Industrial Safety, First Aid/CPR, HAZWOPER
Based on local businesses starting wages for WNCC graduates in this industry, salaries range from $14.00 to $25.00 per hour.