Impact the World by Changing Lives!
Are you interested in helping others? Are you a problem solver with strong communication skills? Do you have the ability to analyze complex problems and offer solutions? Do you have the ability to create and foster positive relationships? Do you like to help people in achieving their goals or overcoming life obstacles? Are you interested in protecting others and providing a safe and healthy community? If any of these characteristics sound like you, then the Human Science and Education Academy may be the right fit for you.
Students interested in the Human Sciences and and Education will have the opportunity to learn skills related to working with the public. Students will focus on communication skills, dealing with emotional situations, planning activities to meet individual needs, analyzing complex problems and developing solutions, goal setting, and protecting lives and property.
Student Experiences and Projects
Students in this academy will have the opportunity to participate in student driven learning activities focusing on working with the community. Students will partner with local schools, counseling agencies, and law enforcement agencies to learn real world skills that apply to this academy. Students within the Human Sciences and Education Academy will have the opportunity to participate in FCCLA and Mock Trial in order to compete against students across the state. Students will also participate in service learning and training.
RELATED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AT WNCC:
Criminal Justice, Education, Early Childhood, Human Services, Political Science, Law (Pre), Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology
- Associates of Arts
- Associates of Science Degree
ESTIMATED DUAL CREDIT COSTS:
- No cost for dual credit classes taught at SHS by an SHS instructor
- Dual credit classes taught at WNCC or at SHS by a WNCC instructor...
- If school required as part of a Career Academy = no cost
- If not school required = half of normal credit hour tuition
- Textbooks will be issued by SBPS for all dual credit classes and will remain property of SBPS
OTHER COLLEGES OR POST-SECONDARY OPTIONS:
- Chadron State College
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Nebraska Community Colleges
CAREER BASED CERTIFICATIONS:
CPR, CDA, and First Aid
Based on local businesses starting wages for WNCC graduates in this industry, salaries range from $10.00 to $20.00 per hour.
- Mock Trial