Impact the World by Designing the Future!
Are you a creative thinker? Are you imaginative, original, and innovative? Do you like to write, draw, design, or act? Do you have an aptitude for music, arts, dance, or theater? Do you like to utilize technology to express your creativity? If any of these characteristics sound like they match your interests, then the Communication, Arts, and Technology Academy might be right for you.
Students in the Communication, Arts, and Technology Academy will have the opportunity to design and create artistic projects in a collaborative, project based learning environment. Students will learn design elements and effective communication techniques associated with a variety of mediums. The skills learned within the academy will prepare students for opportunities ranging from entry level to graduate level degrees.
Student Experiences and Projects
Students in this academy will have the opportunity to participate in student driven projects focused on leadership, design, creation, innovation, and teamwork. Students will have the opportunity to participate in design and production to promote the school and district. Student will participate in service-learning projects and have the opportunity to belong to clubs, such as SkillsUSA, One-Acts, School Newspaper, Yearbook, and Speech. As part of the academy students my choose to enroll in an internship or work collaboratively with industry professionals on collaborative projects. Students will learn in conditions similar to their chosen career field.
RELATED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AT WNCC:
- Journalism, Art, Information Technology, Communication Studies, Theater Arts, Vocal Performance, Cosmetology
- Associates of Arts
- Associates of Occupational Studies
ESTIMATED DUAL CREDIT COSTS:
- No cost for dual credit classes taught at SHS by an SHS instructor
- Dual credit classes taught at WNCC or at SHS by a WNCC instructor...
- If school required as part of a Career Academy = no cost
- If not school required = half of normal credit hour tuition
- Textbooks will be issued by SBPS for all dual credit classes and will remain property of SBPS
OTHER COLLEGES OR POST-SECONDARY OPTIONS:
- Chadron State College
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Nebraska Community Colleges
Based on local businesses starting wages for WNCC graduates in this industry, salaries range from $14.00 to $25.00 per hour
- Newspaper/Yearbook Staff
- Speech Team
- One Act Play
- Vocal/Instrumental Music