Impact the World by Growing the Economy!
Would you like the opportunity to start or run your own business? Would you like to be a leader in one of the nation’s leading businesses? Are you creative? Do you enjoy analyzing numbers and statistics? Do you possess strong interpersonal communication skills and like working in a team environment? If any of these characteristics sounds like you, then the Business, Marketing, and Management Academy may be the right fit for you.
Students in this academy will have the opportunity to participate in student driven projects, work with community businesses, create business and marketing plans, analyze and evaluate business financial statements, and collaborate with peers in the learning process. Courses and sequencing provided in the academy are designed to prepare students for both the workforce and postsecondary education.
Student Experiences and Projects
Students in this academy will have the opportunity to participate in student driven projects focused on leadership, teamwork, communication and organization. Students will have opportunities to receive hands-on experience through school store operations and internships. Those that participate in DECA or ProStart, will have the opportunity to compete at the district, state, and national level. Students will receive training along with the opportunity to network with peers. Students will participate in service learning projects within the community and student run businesses.
RELATED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AT WNCC:
Business Administration, Accounting Assistant, Business Technology, Economics, Information Technology, Marketing, and Retail Management
- Associates of Applied Science Degree
ESTIMATED DUAL CREDIT COSTS:
- No cost for dual credit classes taught at SHS by an SHS instructor
- Dual credit classes taught at WNCC or at SHS by a WNCC instructor...
- If school required as part of a Career Academy = no cost
- If not school required = half of normal credit hour tuition
- Textbooks will be issued by SBPS for all dual credit classes and will remain property of SBPS
OTHER COLLEGES OR POST-SECONDARY OPTIONS:
- Chadron State College
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska Omaha
- Johnson & Wales
- Institute for the Culinary Arts Omaha
- Southeast Community College
CAREER BASED CERTIFICATIONS:
Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (National)
Based on local businesses starting wages for WNCC graduates in this industry, salaries range from $14.00 to $25.00 per hour.