School districts across the nation are navigating new avenues as we transition to e-learning during the Covid-19 crisis. To help with this transition here is some information for students and parents about what learning will look like in Mrs. O'Boyle's virtual classroom.
We will utilize Google Classroom for communications and assignments, as well as the Remind app and student e-mail through @sbbearcats.net. We will also work in the Read 180 online software which students are already familiar with. I will use Zoom in the coming weeks to create more personalized learning opportunities.
As we navigate the coming weeks, the most important aspect is to make sure that we support each other as we continue to learn together! I will miss interacting with each and every one of you in person, but with the help of technology I hope to preserve that interaction as best that we can.
Please reach out through Remind, Google Classroom, or email with any questions or concerns!
I will be available Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 9:15 am through my zoom office if you have questions.
Topic: Office Hours
Time: Mar 29, 2020 08:30 AM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Every day, until May 17, 2020, 50 occurrence(s)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 665 588 020
Read 180, Wilson Reading, Special Education
Degrees and Certifications:
Chadron State College: Undergrad degrees in Interdisciplinary Studies, Special Education Mild/Moderate Disabilities Concordia University, Nebraska: Graduate degree in Special Education
I am originally from Des Moines, Iowa and also lived in Georgia before moving to Nebraska 17 years ago. I have four grown children and two dogs which are my kids now! I enjoy sports, warm weather, and being with my family.
I am also the Bearcat Student Senate Sponsor.
The READ 180 Reading Program is designed to help improve your reading skills.
There are several components to the READ 180 program and together all of these components will help build the skills to become a successful reader and create a desire to succeed.
- Software to build skills and provide practice in essential areas such as reading comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, phonics, and spelling.
- Audiobooks to allow students to read along with the help of a narrator and reading coach, who model strategies used by successful readers.
- Paperbacks to allow students to select books to read independently. Students will have access to appropriate level, high-interest books.
Assessments in READ 180
Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI)
- Placement within READ180
- Monitors students reading progress
- Assess skills in comprehension, vocabulary, writing
Oral Fluency Assessment
- Monitor decoding and oral fluency progress
READ 180 Topic Software
- Monitor student’s progress in comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, phonics, spelling and writing
Wilson Reading Program
The Wilson Reading System is a Tier 3 reading intervention designed for students with significant difficulty in word‐level decoding, automatic word recognition and fluency, and spelling, including students with dyslexia who require an intensive remedial program.