Read 180, Wilson Reading, Special Education
Degrees and Certifications:
I am a graduate of Chadron State College and am finishing my graduate degree in Special Education through Concordia University, Nebraska.
I am originally from Des Moines, Iowa and also lived in Georgia before moving to Nebraska 17 years ago. I have four grown children and two dogs which are my kids now!
The READ 180 Reading Program is designed to help improve your reading skills.
There are several components to the READ 180 program and together all of these components will help build the skills to become a successful reader and create a desire to succeed.
- Software to build skills and provide practice in essential areas such as reading comprehension, fluency, vocabulary, phonics, and spelling.
- Audiobooks to allow students to read along with the help of a narrator and reading coach, who model strategies used by successful readers.
- Paperbacks to allow students to select books to read independently. Students will have access to appropriate level, high-interest books.
Assessments in READ 180
Scholastic Reading Inventory (SRI)
- Placement within READ180
- Monitors students reading progress
- Assess skills in comprehension, vocabulary, writing
Oral Fluency Assessment
- Monitor decoding and oral fluency progress
READ 180 Topic Software
- Monitor student’s progress in comprehension, vocabulary, fluency, phonics, spelling and writing
Wilson Reading Program
The Wilson Reading System is a Tier 3 reading intervention designed for students with significant difficulty in word‐level decoding, automatic word recognition and fluency, and spelling, including students with dyslexia who require an intensive remedial program.