- Children need an approach to education that is developmental in nature.
- Parental involvmentment makes a big difference for children for many years to come after preschool.
- Play, both structured and unstructured, is essential to learning in preschool.
- Children benefit from community/school partnerships.
- Children need teacher-directed activities to learn about focusing attention and functioning in a group.
- All children deserve access to curriculum and classrooms.
- Children need safe environments to explore and learn.
- Children need knowledgeable, caring adults to support and guide learning.