Degrees and Certifications:
I am currently the Title/P.E. instructor at Lake Minatare Elementary School. I received my Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Kearney State College in 1982. I have also completed my Master’s degree in Elementary Principalship from Kearney State. Before coming to Scottsbluff Public Schools in 1989, I taught for seven years at Newman Grove, NE. I taught at Longfellow Elementary and Bluffs Middle School before moving out to Lake Minatare. I LOVE KIDS and I love my job! I try to bring enthusiasm and kindness with me to my classroom every day. I joke that I am “still in grade school” when people ask what I do, but there is no place on earth I’d rather be!
Log Book Instructions for P.E.
- Start a note book for the physical activities you will be doing.
- Write down the date and how long you were physically active.
- Write down what you did.
- Write down how you feel after the activity
- Try to exercise three times a week
Examples of activities
- Run around the house
- Run to the end of the driveway
- Make a hop scotch grid and play
- Do some crossfit (3rd -5th grade)
- Yoga (cosmickids.com)
- See how many jumping jacks you can do in 5 minutes or longer
- Jump rope for 20 minutes
- Go up and down the stairs 20 times
- Do 20 each of jumping jacks, arm circles, wind mills, sit and reach, crab kicks, toe touch, and a 30 second plank
- Make your own left-right-hop
- Make your own floor wall climb
- Play catch with somebody
Second Grade Math Activities
- Work on telling time on an analog clock
- Work on identifying different coins and counting different amounts of change
- Help mom or dad bake cookies and discuss measuring the ingredients
- Roll two, three or more dice and add them together quickly (race mom or dad)
- Flip over two, three or more cards and add them together quickly (race mom or dad)
- Flip over two cards and make a number, then flip over two more cards and make a number, then add or subtract those numbers
- Play any type of game that involves counting (cribbage, Kings in the Corner- keep score)
- Check out the Bridges Math web page - mathlearningcenter.org
- Write down all the activities you do that involves math and show it to Mr. Dixon when school starts back up (include all the above activities)
Fourth Grade Math Activities
- Flip over two cards and multiply them together quickly (race mom or dad)
- Work on telling time to the minute on an analog clock
- Flip over two cards and make a number then two more cards and make a number then multiply them together
- Help mom or dad make cookies or a meal and discuss measuring the ingredients
- Calculate the area and perimeter of different rooms in your house
- Calculate the area and perimeter of your yard
- Play a game that involves counting (cribbage or Kings in the Corner- keep score)
- Write down all the things you do that involve math and show Mr. Dixon when school start back up (include all of the above activities)