Phone: (308) 635-6287
Degrees and Certifications:
Bluffs Middle School Bands
Welcome to the Bluffs Middle School's Band web site. Please use the navigation links on the left side of each page to access different pages and information on this site. Check out the Band Newsletter box at the bottom of this page for the latest information and news about the band.
Please check back often as we will be updating this site as new information becomes available.
The "Club's Choice" Band Fundraiser delivery/pick-up has been set for Friday, June 12th. Please find all delivery details below or in "DOCUMENTS" at the left of this page.
Covid-19 School Closure
- The "Club's Choice" Band Fundraiser delivery has been POSTPONED indefinitely. More information will be given when it becomes available.
- Students - Please continue to play your instruments during this time to maintain your playing skills (keep track of your time and turn in weekly on the Google Form that was emailed to the parents). The practice Google Form should be submitted on Mondays.
- Please check GOOGLE CLASSROOM ... Assignments and Activities that you should be doing during this time will be posted.
- Students please try to attend your Weekly Zoom Sectional Rehearsals (participation in these rehearsals will be recorded in Infinite Campus). 6th Grade Band will meet on Fridays, 7th Grade Band will meet on Wednesdays, 8th Grade Band will meet on Mondays. Please see the page for each group for the specific times and links to attend the meetings. Theses meeting times and links are also on the Google Classroom page for each band.
- We miss seeing you and ask that you please stay safe and healthy.
TWITTER: In an effort to better communicate with parents and students, the Bluffs Middle School Band Program now has a twitter page. This page will contain announcements and information that will be of interest to the members of the BMS Band Program and their parents. Please follow the BMS Band Program by clicking on the Blue Twitter Icon at the bottom of this page.
REMIND: Remind is a free, safe,and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs. Please sign up for Remind by clicking on and following the instructions in the box at the bottom of this page.
AT HOME PREPARATION: A students progress in band will depend on what is achieved during daily home practice sessions. Learning takes place at school, but proficiency is gained at home.
Students are expected to take their instruments home daily and on weekends.
Students will see more improvement if they practice daily for shorter periods of time than if they try to do all of their practicing in one weekend. In other classes, students have homework. In band, a students homework is their practice time at home.
Parents, a key element to your child's success on his/her instrument will be your support. Very rarely will a child practice without having to be told. Practicing, to the student, becomes a chore, but it is a cycle; practice makes you good, which leads to fun and makes you want to play your instrument more. With the proper guidance and support from you, both you and your child will see the benefits of good practice. Please refer to the back of the practice record or to the website for some guidelines to help your child at home.
***Reminder: Your REQUIRED practice sheets are DUE each MONDAY (or the first day of the week).
**WEEK #7 GOOGLE FORM PRACTICE SHEETS (May 4 - May 10)
are DUE Monday, May 11
Clubs Choice FundraiserI know that many of you and your customers have been wondering about the Clubs Choice Fundraiser that the Band did earlier this year. Wondering if we would ever receive the merchandise or if there would be refunds issued. I apologize that this has taken so long and that we didn't know much information for a long time. I appreciate your patience as we waited to come up with a plan. Please express my apologies to your customers. Thankfully, things have improved to the point where the school has agreed to allow us to distribute the merchandise. That being said, we will still need to follow social distancing recommendations and contactless distribution and delivery (as much as possible). Below are the details of the plan that we will use.Pick-up Guidelines:The Clubs Choice merchandise will be delivered to the school on Friday, June 12. We are waiting so that the conditions improve as much as possible. Students/parents will need to pick up the merchandise that the students sold on Friday, June 12 starting at 1:00 p.m. The merchandise will be located in the West parking lot of Bluffs Middle School. Please use the following guidelines for picking up the merchandise:In order to shorten the line during pick up, we will ask that families pick up in time slots based on their last names. If your last name begins with the letters A-H please pick up between 1:00-1:30, I-P please pick up between 1:30-2:00, Q-Z please pick up between 2:00-2:30.
Delivery Guidelines:We need to maintain social distancing and use contactless delivery of the merchandise to your customers. Please use the following guidelines for making delivery to your customers:
- Please enter the Bearcat stadium parking lot at the entrance nearest to Choices.
- Please drive up next to the building near the activity doors.
- Your box/boxes will be placed on a table.
- Please get out of your vehicle and pick up your boxes.
- Please be patient, we will get things loaded as quickly as possible.
If you are unable to pick up the merchandise on June 12, please make arrangements with a family member or family friend to pick up your merchandise. Merchandise must be picked up that day as the school does not have freezer space in which to store it. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
- Using the order form included in your box, please call your customers to let them know that you will be making delivery and to make sure that they will be home.
- Explain to your customers that you will place their merchandise on their porch and ring their doorbell/knock on their door
- Please return to your vehicle so as to maintain social distancing.
- Please ensure that the customer gets their merchandise before you leave.
- If they do not retrieve their merchandise, please pick it back up and make arrangements to deliver at another time.
Below you will find the Bluffs Middle School Band Handbook. This handbook contains the course outline, grading policies, and class expectations for the students that are involved in the Bluffs Middle School Band program.
Remind is a free, safe and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Visit www.remind.com to learn more.
June 12, 2020
1:00 PM - 2:30 PM "Club's Choice" Band Fundraiser Delivery/Pick-up TODAY!
BMS Band Calendar
Below you will find the Bluffs Middle School Band Calendar. This includes concerts, contest, & competition dates for the 6th, 7th, & 8th Grade Bands.
**BAND CALENDAR -
ALL Spring Concerts/Activities have been CANCELLED due to the COVID-19 school closure.
This event updated on March 16, 2020
Below you will find video files of the BMS Bands.