Degrees and Certifications:
Assistant Band Director / Choir Accompanist
Mrs. Koch is currently in her 22nd year as Assistant Band Director/Accompanist at BMS. She assists with the 7th & 8th Grade Marching & Concert Bands. She also accompanies both the 7th & 8th Grade Choirs and the BMS Show Choir.
Mrs. Koch is a native of York, NE. During her high school years, she was Drum Major for 3 years, was selected to the All-State Band for 2 years (Mallet Percussion), and received the John Philip Sousa Band Award for 2 years. Mrs. Koch graduated from York High School in 1985. Mrs. Koch then attended Kearney State College and received a Bachelor's Degree (1989). Her major focus was Instrumental Music.
Mrs. Koch was Assistant Director of the Band Program in Scottsbluff, 7-12 Vocal Music Director in Bridgeport, 5-6 Instrumental Music Director in Fairbury, and K-12 Vocal/Instrumental Music Director in Polk-Hordville, all in Nebraska.
Announcements for Summer 2021-
Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Connected, & Stay "Bearcat Strong"
HAVE A GREAT
- BMS BAND NOTES:
- STAY CONNECTED during the Summer ... Follow us on Twitter (@BluffsMSBand).
- Summer Band Information Letters/Registration Forms were sent out the week of May 24th. If you did not receive one, please go to "Class Documents" at the left of this page for a printable copy of the information. Have a great summer and we look forward to seeing you on July 19th!
- BMS CHOIR NOTES:
- BMS BAND NOTES:
BMS Music Dept. Notes
Bluffs Middle School
School-Wide Expectations -
1. Be Safe
2. Be Responsible
3. Be Respectful
Music Expectations -
1. Did I do the right thing?
2. How have my actions affected others?
3. Did I live up to expectations?
- Scott Lang Leadership
"All it takes is one song to bring back a thousand memories" - Unknown