High Ability Learners
Scottsbluff Public Schools recognizes the individual characteristics of students and is committed to providing challenging learning opportunities for all students. The district strives to provide enrichment and acceleration opportunities to students within content area instruction – particularly, Mathematics, Language Arts and Science. The district also provides a variety of building level clubs and enrichment activities based on student interests.
High Ability Learner Program Goals:
- Assess and identify students of high academic ability in grades 3-12.
- Provide curriculum modifications to meet the needs of high ability learners when appropriate.
- Provide High Ability Learning Coordinator(s) at each elementary and the middle school to oversees implementation of high ability learner activities in individual buildings.
- Provide enrichment opportunities at the building level.
- Evaluate program goals, activities, materials and procedures to address student needs.