Join the BEST! Join SBPS!
TEACH SCOTTSBLUFF! LEAD SCOTTSBLUFF!
Teachers in Scottsbluff Public Schools are among the very best in the State and the Region and rarely can a school system lay claim to these “bragging rights” with such confidence. In addition to attracting the very best, SBPS teachers accomplish the very best.
Here are just a few examples:
- 2016 NEBRASKA COACHES’ HALL OF FAME INDUCTEE, Jim Barker, Cross Country and Track
- 2015 NEBRASKA TEACHER OF THE YEAR, Shelby Aaberg, Scottsbluff High School
- 2015 NEBRASK MIDDLE LEVEL EDUCATOR OF EXCELLENCE, Dave Griess, Bluffs Middle School
- 2013 NEBRASKA OUTSTANDING MUSIC EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR, Michael Koch, Bluffs Middle School
Additionally, Scottsbluff teachers and coaches regularly support student achievement at an incomparable level in terms of State Championships and overall outstanding student performance. Recent examples include statewide honors in activities from football to Mathcounts, basketball to drill team, and instrumental music (band and orchestra) to cross country and track and field. All these activities have captured both individual and group honors on statewide, regional and even national levels. And each and every one of them has achieved at such a high level because of an outstanding SBPS teacher who stepped forward to lead them.
Opportunities for leadership extend far beyond the traditional roles of many school districts and extend to positions that provide important career options for SBPS educators.
For a list of available positions or to apply online visit our Applitrack Page by clicking HERE
For Additional Local Job Opportunities:
Scottsbluff is a Great Place to Live and Work . .
- Western Nebraska Community College provides excellent post-secondary and community educational opportunities to Scottsbluff and the surrounding area.
- Regional West Medical Center, located in Scottsbluff, serves the entire Panhandle and adjacent states as a medical service hub.
- Scottsbluff has a thriving economy and local business infrastructure.
- Scottsbluff and the surrounding communities offer a wide variety of affordable, quality housing options.
- We have a variety of fine downtown merchants and dining establishments as well as national fixtures such as Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Hobby Lobby and Herbergers.
- Scottsbluff's Western Nebraska Regional Airport offers direct flights to Denver daily.
- We are within a short driving distance of Denver, Cheyenne and Rapid City.
- We have outstanding local recreational facilities including public and private golf courses, pools, and tennis courts, walking and biking paths, and state and national parks.