Honors Social Studies!
Honors Opportunities provides students the opportunity to self-select a topic of interest to research (with teacher approval). The research and completion of the Honors Opportunities are student-driven with the students to guide their progress.
- Honors Opportunities are available for each semester of the year; however, a student may initiate an Honors Opportunities proposal at any time throughout the year.
- students must attend three sessions to be eligible for Honors Opportunities Credit
- Students must return a form fully completed to their Social Studies teacher (me) to be eligible for Honors Opportunities credit
- The final project should include a completed research paper, detailed PowerPoint presentation, video, or some other type of teacher approved presentation tool or model.
- Students must spend a minimum of 20 hours working on their project and log the 20 hours on the "Honors Opportunities Log Sheet"
- The American Revolutionary War, WWI, WWII, or other U.S. or country wars
- Country or state
- Historical figures
- Any historical topic
Below you will find a copy of the "Honors Opportunities Credit Contract" and "Honors Log Sheet"