Middle School E-Learning Plan
SBPS Goals During E-Learning
● Connecting teachers with students to maintain relationships and support social-emotional wellness during this challenging time. Student, staff and community well-being are our highest priorities..
● Ensuring all learners experience success within each subject/course. We are working to closely monitor and partner with learners and families to ensure support is in place.
● Providing learning opportunities connected to essential state standards to prevent learning loss.
● Ensuring all students have equitable access to learning opportunities.
● Providing training and support to teachers and administrative staff with tools and techniques to successfully facilitate learning opportunities remotely.
Extended Supports for Students
● SBPS plans to provide summer school either face to face or remotely to support students performing below grade level or credit deficient. This will be determined by the status of the Coronavirus restrictions.
● Support Classes (6-8), tutoring and other interventions as needed will be in place during the fall semester.
Grading and Reporting Guidelines for E-Learning
The district will be implementing the following practices for Bluffs Middle School (Grades 6-8):
● During E-Learning, teachers may give assignments and activities on new learning standards as well as previously covered essential standards. Students will get feedback and/or grades on these assignments.
● All graded assignments will be designated as E-Learning Tasks in Infinite Campus and there is a minimum expectation of 1-2 graded items per week within each course.
● On the final report card, students will receive an ‘S’ for satisfactory participation or an “I” for inadequate participation. The completion and quality of work will be a contributing factor as teachers determine the student’s final semester grade. The student’s GPA will be based on work prior to the move to ELearning.