The Scottsbluff High School Counseling Office is here to serve all students as they transition to high school, progress through the curriculum/Career Academy paths and move toward their post secondary plans. If you need to speak with your counselor, please stop by or you can fill out a note and your counselor will get back to you as soon as possible. Our office hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Our main phone numbers are 308-635-6245 and 308-635-6243.
HAVE A GREAT 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR, BEARCATS!
Together We Are Stronger
Hey WNCC CAMPUS SELECT Students! Please come to the Counseling Office to see if we have your WNCC Student ID!
- SENIOR PARENT MEETING will be held Wednesday, September 8th at 6:00 PM in the SHS Auditorium. Important information and dates regarding the senior year will be discussed. Parents/Guardians, please plan to participate with your student!
- Financial Aid Meeting: EducationQuest will sponsor a financial aid information night on September 29th at 6:00 PM in the SHS Auditorium. This is open to junior and senior parents. In addition, EducationQuest will be setting up individual appointment times for FAFSA support and completion. More details will be available at the upcoming Senior Parent Meeting and on the SHS counseling website.
- 9th-11th grade class meetings will be starting next week. Please check your Remind message for announcements.
After School Tutoring begins the Week of Sept 7th in the Media Center
MONDAY - THURSDAY 3:30-4:30
Please use this valuable time to catch up on work or seek assitance with your classes. See policy link for rules and expectations: After School Tutoring Policy
Saturday School will begin Saturday, September 11th. This takes place in the Media Center from 9 am-11am and is open to all SHS students grades 9-12.
Students & PARENTS: Be sure to read REMIND notifications. Counselors use this form of media to communicate with you on upcoming dates, events and important information! If you are having trouble linking up with REMIND, please see your counselor immediately!
College Representative Visits
Representatives from many post-secondary school and the military schedule visits in order to talk with students about their programs. Notice of visits will be in the Daily Announcements and on our counseling webpage (SBPS.net/High School/Counseling) Most representatives will be here during your CATS class. PLEASE SIGN UP IN THE COUNSELING OFFICE PRIOR TO THE VISIT, PLEASE!!! Visits may be virtual or in-person pending health regulations.
Seniors: When planning a college visit, please notify the Counseling Office and the Attendance Secretary. Your absence is excused and coded accordingly.
ALL COLLEGE REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE IN COUNSELING OFFICE DURING CATS 9:25-9:50 AM. Always sign up prior to the event for attendance purposes.
MOST MILITARY REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE IN THE COMMONS AREA DURING 11/12 LUNCH 12:20 - 1:00 PM. SOME MAY BE IN COUNSELING OFFICE DURING CATS & LUNCH - LISTEN FOR ANNOUNCEMENTS.
10-25-21 Creighton University DURING CATS - sign up to attend.
10-12-21 NAVY HERE DURING CATS AND DURING 11/12 Gr LUNCH 12:20-1:00
10-13-21 UChicago ZOOM MEETING 6-6:45 PM MST (https://uchicago.zoom.us/j/6538317233?pwd=Z2NMSDVPUHBiOEQveThDTHBCbE10UT09)
9-29-21 NEBRASKA WESLEYAN HERE
9-23-21: GRAND CANYON UNIV HERE - POSTPONED
9-21-21: UNL HERE
Upcoming PSAT/NMSQT Test will be held Wednesday, October 13th. This is a pre-SAT and the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test that is available and optional for all Juniors. The cost is $18.00 or if applicable the fee waiver can be applied. Juniors need to sign up in the counseling office to ensure a test is ordered for you. More information will be provided during our fall class meetings today and tomorrow. The DEADLINE IS VASTLY APPROACHING! YOU MUST SIGN UP BY THIS WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 15TH AT NOON.
Requesting homework for your student?
- The Front Office will help to obtain homework for you for a non-school related absense if you are absent for three or more days.
- Or, call Kelsey Albright at 632-4562. MUST request before 9:00 a.m.
- Must be out at least three (3) days! If you wish to request homework sooner than the third day, you may contact the teachers via email.
- We do not gather books! Make sure your student has his/her textbooks with him.
- Pick up will be at 3:45 p.m. or later by arrangements from the FRONT OFFICE.
- If homework is requested, it is expected that it will be completed when the student comes back to school unless other arrangements have been made.