New Student Information
WELCOME TO SHS!
NEW REGISTRATION POLICY 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
1) Register online at www.sbps.net/register. Please indicate previous school attended with their address and phone number listed for records requests.
2) Once registration is received in the Counseling Office, requests for records will be sent to your previous school.
3) Upon receipt of records and Counselor Review, our office will reach out to you for your registration appointment.
4) Please feel free to view our Registration Guide under QUICK LINKS on our High School Home Page.
Requirements to Register at Scottsbluff High School:
1) Identification – Certified Birth Certificate
Nebraska State Statute and Board Policy require reliable proof of the student’s identity and date of birth upon enrollment for the first time in the Scottsbluff Public School District. The person enrolling the student must provide a certified copy of the student’s birth certificate. (Certified shall mean a certificate with a raised seal as issued by the Bureau of Vital Statistics.)
2) Immunization Records
The Immunization Law in Nebraska requires schools have a record on file of a student’s immunization history before they can attend school. Waivers signed in the past are no longer valid. New waivers for medical or religious reason will require a physician or Notary signature. Waiver forms are available from your school secretary or school nurse.
3) Physical Examination Forms
Parents are reminded that all children entering kindergarten, seventh grade or transferring from out of state must have a physical examination prior to the start of the school year. All kindergarten students are required to have an eye exam. Beginning for the 2010-2011 school year, NE state law (See NE Immunization Program) requires a whooping-cough booster shot for all 7th graders. PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID 19: Physicals for the 20-21 school year are only required for incoming 7th and 9th grade.
4) Your Street address must be within the Scottsbluff School District or an option must be on file at the SBPS Administration Office.
If the student is optioning into Scottsbluff High School, please be aware that if an option is NOT signed, filed and approved by March 15 of the prior year, the student athlete may NOT compete at the varsity level for ninety (90) school days.
Parent/Guardian Help Links are available on our SHS Homepage.
We understand how much information there is to absorb at once for new students and families. Our Media Specialist Team has provided useful information on our SHS homepage. Various items such as Family ID (Activities & Athletics ONLY), Infinite Campus, Virtual Tour, REMIND, Google Classroom and more are available to help you navigate the registration process.
Please call the Counseling Office with any questions you may have!