The choice to stay in school or to drop out is a life altering decision that can affect your quality of life in many different ways. Here are a few facts:
- High school dropouts are four times as likely to be unemployed as those who have completed four or more years of college.
- High school graduates earn $143 more per week than high school dropouts.
- College graduates earn $336 more per week than high school graduates ($479 more per week than high school dropouts).
- Dropouts are more likely to require public assistance than graduates of high school.
- Dropouts comprise a disproportionate percentage of the nation's prison and death row inmates. 82 percent of prisoners in America are high school dropouts.
- Dropouts live on the average 9.2 years less than someone with a high school diploma.
- 74 percent of students who had dropped out of school said that if they were able to relive the experience, they would have stayed in school.
Feel like your high school diploma is out of reach? ReConnect is here to make getting your diploma within your grasp. Whether you are thinking about dropping out, thinking about coming back to school or just looking for a way to get those last few school credits, call us at 308-633-2211 to learn about the options for getting your high school diploma. Completing high school will give you the boost to succeed. It will help you earn more money, discover more opportunities, and live a better life.